While for most of us getting a health checkup is on our to do list, its often lost on us for one reason or another, until we fall sick and the doctor asks us to under go one. We believe individuals should get a health check-up done on a regular basis to solidify their good health and wellness. Let us elaborate our perspective with the following reasons.
Many Diseases do not have major symptoms untill it’s too late. The mild symptoms might get ignored in our busy lives. Getting a health checkup is like looking for that first mouse in the house before it breeds and lays havoc to hygiene at home. As we will not ignore the first mouse in the house when we see one, similarly potentially high risks to our health , might not be visible until we get experts to look for them. These are the three key advantages of getting a health checkup
- You know the condition or state of your health. Health checkup clears the ambiguity around status of your health, in a way empowering all of us with the information.
- You can prevent diseases that may be in their early stages
- You can get an preventive treatment/ care to of a disease whose symptoms might not have shown up yet
Do I need a health checkup?
Every individual should undergo regular health checkup after the age of 25. As heart, lung, bowel, liver and kidney disease are among the most common causes of long-term illness in India, early detection is an important form of disease prevention.
The interval at which these health checkups should be done varies from person to person. Normally once a year but for some special cases it would be lesser than a year. The interval of the health checkup basically decided on the risk factors mentioned in the image.
Health Check Instructions
- Some health checks might require fasting. You may drink water. Please check the instructions for the health check you are taking
- Completely abstain from alcohol at least 12 Hrs. prior to the check up.
- The men should shave their chest to ensure a good ECG/Tread Mill Test.
- If you are wearing lenses, should remove them 2 days prior to the Health Check Up.
- Wear loose clothing, No jewelry (Necklaces/Chains) and easily removable footwear.
- If you are diabetic, avoid taking your insulin injections/anti diabetic tablets on the morning of Health Check up.
- Carry your insulin/anti-diabetic tablets which you can have before or after your breakfast. Other regular medication can be taken as instructed by the doctor.
- Take all your earlier (Within 1-3 Years) Medical records and medical accessories like glasses, hearing aid if you have any when you come for Health Check Up.
- Certain tests like x-rays are not to be done if you are likely to be pregnant.
- For Females, during menstruation (menses) PAP SMEAR test cannot be done
- There are special instructions for CT and MRI scans. For e.g. people with pacemakers might not be able to undergo MRI scan. Please inform the radiologists about your health conditions and prosthetics, if any.
You will find most of these health tests on Labkhoj.com. At Labkhoj, you can search for a health test by it’s name in your city or see different health tests offered by a particular diagnostic center. Labkhoj, a subsidiary of AllizHealth has more than 180 Labs and 1,500 health tests and packages listed. Not only does the user get a discount on the packages, they can compare packages from different diagnostic centers to make the right choice.
Important Links –
Diagnostic Tests and Packages – Thyroid Function Test
Diagnostic Tests and Packages – Lipid Profile
Diagnostic Tests and Packages – Introduction to Diabetes Profile
General Diet Plan
Personalized Diet Plan
AllizHealth provides you with tools and tracker to keep a tap on yours and your family’s health, It also provides services like online booking of health packages, access to fitness and wellness centers or consulting a doctor for second opinion. Click here to use AllizHealth Portal.
Now you can keep a track of your loved one’s health and live a happy life. Reduce fear of losing or misplacing vital health information. Manage self and family health data and access from anywhere in the world. Click here to use Digital Health Wallet.
Labkhoj is health check-up and lab discovery platform where You can search, compare and book health test and package in your location at a discounted price. Click here to Book Health Tests.